You’ve worked hard to accumulate your wealth. But just because you are tapping into your assets does not mean you have to tap them out. RBC Managed Payout Solutions can provide the cash flow you need today, while helping to manage the impact to your capital.
Why RBC Managed Payout Solutions?
- Help investors avoid running out of money – By focusing on generating sustainable payouts and minimizing erosion of an initial investment.
- Offer flexibility and liquidity – Investors have access to their money should unexpected needs arise.
- Provide tax-efficient payouts – Payouts are managed to result in higher after-tax cash flow than a typical bond or GIC.
- Deliver excellent value – A cost-effective solution with an established history of delivering tax-efficient cash flow and generally maintaining capital at a very reasonable cost.
- Offer choice – Investors choose the payout level that fits their lifestyle goals (with 5%, 6% or 7% payout options).
Choosing the right payout level
There are three RBC Managed Payout Solutions to choose from. To choose the right solution for you, consider:
- Payout level – How much income do you need to cover day-to-day living and lifestyle expenses?
- Maintenance of principal – Are you willing to erode your initial investment for higher payouts?
- Payout stability – Can you accept changes, either increases or decreases, in your annual payouts?
Understanding the trade-offs between RBC Managed Payout Solutions
||RBC Managed Payout Solution
||RBC Managed Payout Solution – Enhanced
||RBC Managed Payout Solution – Enhanced Plus
|Maintenance of Principal
Understanding Return of Capital
Return of capital (ROC) is a payout from an investment that represents the return of the investor's capital to them by way of a distribution. ROC is used to help generate predictable, monthly cash flows in a tax-efficient manner. A portion of distributions from RBC Managed Payout Solutions may be ROC. Watch the following video to learn more.
Video - Return of Capital and Your Adjusted Cost Base
This has been provided by RBC Global Asset Management Inc. (RBC GAM) for informational purposes only and may not be reproduced, distributed or published without written consent of RBC GAM. It is not intended to provide legal, tax, investment, or financial or other advice and such information should not be relied upon for providing such advice. RBC GAM takes reasonable steps to provide up-to-date, accurate and reliable information, and believes the information to be so when provided, but no representation or warranty, express or implied, is made by RBC GAM, its affiliates or any other person as to its accuracy, completeness or correctness. Information obtained from third parties is believed to be reliable but RBC GAM and its affiliates assume no responsibility for any errors or omissions.
For advisor use only. Not for further redistribution to clients or the public.
®/™ Trademark(s) of Royal Bank of Canada. Used under license. © RBC Global Asset Management Inc. 2018
To find out which RBC Managed Payout Solution is right for you, please speak with your advisor or click on Invest Now for options on how to invest with us.