Whether it is building long-term wealth or generating a steady stream of cash flow from your savings, the RBC Managed Portfolios program is a sophisticated investment solution that delivers the crucial elements required to succeed in today’s complex and fast-paced market environment.
The RBC Managed Portfolios program is specifically designed for investors who:
- Don’t have the time, expertise or inclination to research the markets or manage their investments
- Want to get maximum value for the investment fees they pay
- Have trouble tracking their various investments
- Want a company they can trust managing investments on their behalf
- Have more than $100,000 to invest individually or as a household
Benefits of investing in RBC Managed Portfolios
- Customized investment advice: A dedicated RBC financial planner works with you to clarify your goals and implement a strategy supported by regular reviews.
- More time for you: Your money is invested in a combination of RBC Private Pools and RBC Funds that are regularly monitored and rebalanced by RBC Global Asset Management so you can focus on other important aspects in your life, such as family, career or running a business.
- Value for money: The program features a tiered-fee structure that reduces your fee rate as your household investments in the program grow.
- Ongoing communications: You will receive detailed quarterly reporting, including personalized rates of return and performance commentaries so you can track your progress and know exactly how your money is being managed.
With six different profiles available, whether you are looking for income from your investments or are a conservative to growth-oriented investor, we have a profile to meet your needs.
Frequently asked questions
Below are answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about the RBC Managed Portfolios program:
What is the overall process for the program?
The process begins by looking at the big picture – your financial needs, lifestyle, investing preferences, investment time horizon and risk tolerance. Based on your investment objectives, your RBC financial planner will recommend an RBC Managed Portfolios investment profile. After selecting your profile, your money is invested in RBC Private Pools and RBC Funds, the building blocks of your portfolio.
If you do not already have a financial planner at RBC, visit your local RBC Royal Bank branch or call 1-800-769-2511.
What is the program's investment approach?
When markets are volatile, it is easy to let your emotions dictate your investment decisions – and that can hurt your long-term returns. Instead, we use a disciplined approach to research the markets, construct your portfolio, select your investments and rebalance your portfolio when necessary.
What are RBC Private Pools? How do they differ from mutual funds?
Once you have selected your RBC Managed Portfolios investment profile, your money is invested in RBC Private Pools and RBC Funds. Although the RBC Private Pools are similar to mutual funds, they differ in that:
- Their investment mandates are more focused with fewer holdings
- They have higher minimum investment requirements
- They are only available to select RBC clients through programs like RBC Managed Portfolios
What is the program's investment approach?
RBC Global Asset Management manages your investments in accordance with the RBC Managed Portfolios investments profile you select. The investment profiles are monitored closely to ensure they remain suitably invested and properly diversified.
The RBC GAM Investment Strategy Committee, chaired by Dan Chornous, Chief Investment Officer, RBC Global Asset Management, is a team of top investment professionals at RBC. The committee meets quarterly to formulate a detailed global investment forecast. This forecast is used to determine the appropriate mix of investments for each RBC Managed Portfolios investment profile.
How do I stay informed about my investments?
In addition to reviewing your account balance and portfolio holdings with RBC Online Banking, you can stay up-to-date through:
- Annual meetings (at minimum) with your RBC financial planner on a schedule that is comfortable for you
- This web site, which provides updates for market activity, the economy and the investment profiles
- Your comprehensive quarterly statement, which outlines your account holdings, the activity that has occurred and a personalized rate of return
- The quarterly Inside RBC Managed Portfolios newsletter, which accompanies your statement
How are fees structured?
The tiered-fee structure of the program means that the percentage fee you pay decreases as your investments in the program grow. In addition, fees are based on your total household investments in the program, which can include RBC Managed Portfolios accounts held by you, your spouse, child or even your personal holding company – as long as all of the accounts share the same address.
An additional potential advantage is the tax deductibility of investment management fees for non-registered accounts. Consult your tax advisor regarding the tax deductibility of RBC Managed Portfolios investment management fees.